The home was completed in November 2005. Construction crews were flown in from Florida including a roofing crew, tile crew, granite and tile construction team along with a construction foreman to oversee all aspects of the construction. The net result is a home that far exceeds Dade County Hurricane requirements in all aspects.
The home sits on 53 concrete pilings augured into rock. Green coated steel rebar was used in all concrete pilings. The roof trusses are hand-framed using 2x12s. The floor joists are manufactured. All floors, ceilings and walls are fully insulated. Air conditioning is in two zones. The windows are insulated and protected by hurricane accordion shutters.
- Custom built 2005
- Wood frame on concrete pilings
- Galvalume roofing
- 200 amp service
- 15kw Onan Back-up Generator
- Home phone satellite service with own dish
- Satellite TV
- Island water and electric (1,150 gallon back-up)
- Full fiberglass insulation - floor, walls and ceilings
- 2x12 roof joists with threaded rods every 4 ft. (header to floor joist)
- Coast Line windows by Pella
- 2-zone A/C
- All outside siding, facials and soffit by Hardy Board
- Apartment presently under construction, below main area adding 4th bedroom, kitchen, living room and bathroom